Town Manager's Office
Indian Trail Interim Town Manager Patrick Sadek will periodically post Town business updates as well as Manager's Reports here so residents can keep track of the various projects and work being done by staff.
- July 25, 2017 - The Town Manager, along with the Finance, Planning and Communications directors, met with representatives of Ty-Par Realty. The meeting focused on a Ty-Par Realty development planned for Indian Trail Road near Navajo Trail, as well as the Town's vision for the future of the Downtown area at Indian Trail Road and Matthews-Indian Trail Road.
- July 24, 2017 - The Town Manager, along with Mayor Michael Alvarez and Councilwoman Shirley Howe, and the Town Finance, Planning and Communications directors, met with The Moser Group. The meeting focused on The Moser Group's proposal for a mixed-use development near the corner of U.S. 74 and Wesley Chapel-Stouts Road. The Town asked questions about the proposal and provided input.
- July 10, 2017 - The Town Manager, along with the Finance Division and Communications directors, met with Sheriff Eddie Cathey, Capt. Chase Coble and others with the Union County Sheriff's Office to discuss the Town's law enforcement contract with the Sheriff's Office as the two sides work toward a possible extension of that contract. A potential contract will soon be brought before the Indian Trail Town Council for discussion.
- July 6, 2017 - The Town Manager and Town Engineering attended a meeting of the Technical Coordinating Committee of the Charlotte Regional Transportation Planning Organization (CRTPO). The meeting focused on the Charlotte Area Transit System's 2030 Transit System Plan, as well as a Regional Transit Engagement Study, among other topics. Indian Trail is interested in seeing increased transit options between the Town and Charlotte to support the transportation system.
- July 5, 2017 - The Town Manager, along with the Communications Director, visited businesses along Indian Trail Road to discuss revitalization efforts of Downtown. The downtown "Complete Street" project has been recently selected for funding by the Charlotte Regional Transportation Planning Organization (CRTPO) and the Metropolitan Transportation Committee. The proposed project will improve walkability and safety of a stretch of Indian Trail Road that extends from Shady Bluff Drive to Gribble Road. Discussions with local business owners focused on the key goals, direct feedback from property owners and what is most important for businesses. Future stakeholders and public meetings will be held on the project.
- June 29, 2017 - The Town Manager, along with Councilwoman Shirley Howe and the Finance Division, Planning and Communications directors, met with CEO John Lewis, Deputy Director for Development John Muth and others with the Charlotte Area Transit System. The discussion focused on the CATS’ Light Rail Silver Line which is being extended to Matthews, and the Town's interest in seeing the line extended to Indian Trail. Also discussed was the possibility of an Express Route (no additional stops) between Indian Trail and Uptown Charlotte, moving/adding a Park-and-Ride stop in Indian Trail, shuttling Indian Trail residents to the future Light Rail stop at CPCC Levine in Matthews, and surveying Indian Trail residents on their transit needs as it applies to CATS.
- June 27, 2017 - The Town Manager, along with the Finance Division and Communications directors, attended the Regional Managers Group meeting of the Centralina Council of Governments. The discussion focused on issues facing local governments in the Charlotte region, as well as state legislation that could have an impact on municipalities.