According to the North Carolina Wildlife Resource Commission, the intention of the Urban Archery Season is to enable cities, towns, and villages to reduce urban deer populations through increased hunter opportunity.
The 2024 Urban Archery Hunting Season will run from January 13 - February 18.
Restrictions and Regulations
- Urban Archery is only permitted on land within the Indian Trail Town limits. To view the Town's boundaries, visit the 2023 Town Boundary Map.
- Hunting is prohibited on public/Town property.
- The Urban Archery Season does not obligate private landowners to allow hunting on their property, nor does it eliminate the ethical requirement for obtaining permission from the landowner before hunting. The Town does not maintain any lands for hunting, nor does it maintain a list of participating property owners. Hunters are legally required to obtain written permission to hunt on posted property.
- All hunting regulations apply, and hunters must have all applicable hunting licenses.
- Season bag and possession limits for both antlerless and antlered deer that apply to the general archery, black powder, and gun deer seasons also apply to the Urban Archery Season.
Town Boundary Map
Click on the map below to enlarge it.