News Flash Home
The original item was published from 5/1/2017 11:05:45 AM to 5/2/2018 12:00:02 AM.

News Flash

Indian Trail News

Posted on: May 1, 2017

[ARCHIVED] Public meeting to discuss future of Wesley Chapel Road corridor

The Town of Indian Trail, working with civil engineering and surveying firm DRMP, Inc., will hold a second public meeting on May 2 regarding the future of the Wesley Chapel/Wesley Chapel Stouts Road corridor.

The meeting, scheduled for 6:30 p.m. at the Indian Trail Civic Building, 100 Navajo Trail, will allow area residents to provide their feedback on a study regarding the stretch of road from U.S. 74 to the Goldmine Road roundabout. The objective of the study is to develop a multimodal (cars, transit, pedestrians, cyclists) transportation plan that is complementary to the existing and future surrounding land uses while being practical and suitable for implementation by the Town.

The plan will integrate existing and projected land use patterns with strategic transportation needs and improvements along Wesley Chapel (Stouts) Road to account for future growth and managing access and volumes. The plan will represent an overall vision for mobility and development along the corridor and will include implementation strategies and performance criteria that support the Town’s and community’s vision as well as the 2014 Town of Indian Trail Comprehensive Plan.

The Town has received a grant from the Charlotte Regional Transportation Planning Organization that will pay for 80 percent, or $110,000, of the study. The Town is responsible for the remaining 20 percent at $22,000.

A first public meeting has already been held on the study. This second meeting will incorporate feedback received from residents and look to move the study forward. There will be a draft concept plan for residents to review and provide their comments to be considered.

Those who cannot make the meeting can provide their thoughts to Indian Trail Engineering Project Manager Todd Huntsinger at tdh@indiantrail.org or by mail at Town of Indian Trail, P.O. Box 2430, Indian Trail, NC 28079.

Facebook Twitter Email

Other News in Indian Trail News

A Holiday Message from Mayor David Cohn

A Holiday Message from Mayor David Cohn

Posted on: December 22, 2022
Town Hall Closed_Christmas

Town Hall Christmas Holiday Hours

Posted on: December 21, 2022
Coffee with Mayor Cohn on Thursday, Dec. 8

Join us for Coffee with the Mayor

Posted on: December 5, 2022
Veterans Day Ceremony

Indian Trail Veterans Day Ceremony

Posted on: November 4, 2022

Termination of State of Emergency

Posted on: October 3, 2022
Coffee with Mayor Cohn (3)

Join us for Coffee with the Mayor

Posted on: October 3, 2022
October Newsletter Cover

October 2022 Town Hall Bulletin Newsletter

Posted on: September 30, 2022

Proclamation Declaring State of Emergency

Posted on: September 30, 2022
Fall Festival_Sqaure (2)

Fall Festival Canceled

Posted on: September 28, 2022
Early Voting Schedule

2022 General Election Early Voting Schedule

Posted on: September 19, 2022

Notice of Potential Quorum

Posted on: August 23, 2022
Facebook Live

Facebook Live: This Friday!

Posted on: August 15, 2022
Every Drop Counts: Donate Blood

Indian Trail Blood Drive - August 30

Posted on: August 16, 2022
School Supply Donation Box

Union County School Supplies Drive

Posted on: July 22, 2022
Facebook Live_July

Facebook Live: This Friday!

Posted on: July 20, 2022
Town Hall Closed_July 4

Town Hall Closed on July 4

Posted on: July 1, 2022
July 4 Parade

Indian Trail July 4 Parade

Posted on: June 28, 2022
Memorial Day 2022_FB_IN

Indian Trail Memorial Day Ceremony

Posted on: May 23, 2022
Blood Drive Event Flyer

Indian Trail Blood Drive - May 24

Posted on: May 16, 2022
2022 Spring Litter Sweep

Indian Trail Spring Litter Sweep

Posted on: April 5, 2022

Fiscal Year 2022-2023 Budget Process

Posted on: April 4, 2022

Power Outage and Traffic Alert

Posted on: March 18, 2022
Road Work Image

Work to Begin Along Indian Trail Road

Posted on: March 14, 2022
March 2022 Town Bulletin Cover

March 2022 Town Hall Bulletin Newsletter

Posted on: February 28, 2022
March 8 Blood Drive

Indian Trail Blood Drive - March 8

Posted on: February 22, 2022