Indian Trail contracts with the Union County Sheriff's Office to provide law enforcement services for our residents and businesses. Our current contract includes 1 Lieutenant, 2 Sergeants, 1 Community Resource Deputy, and 12 Patrol Deputies to serve Indian Trail.
With warm weather and summer school breaks approaching, the Union County Sheriff’s Office would like to offer a few reminders and safety tips to parents. While living, working, and playing Indian Trail this summer, we urge you to be safe and aware of your surroundings.
• When riding in a vehicle, make sure children are secured in an approved child safety seat or seat belt. Remember, the back seat is safest!
• When children are swimming, always make sure an adult is nearby and watching. Never allow children to swim alone! Remember to have children wear sunscreen.
• Be alert to strangers watching children and report any suspicious persons or activities to the police immediately. Remind children that anyone they don't know is a stranger. Tell them never talk to or take candy from a stranger; never take rides from a stranger; never help a stranger look for a lost pet; never open the door for a stranger.
• Make sure children know their complete name, the parent's name and how to contact a parent in an emergency.
• Keep an updated schedule of children's activities and know whom they will be with, how to contact them and when they will return. Remember that Indian Trail has a Juvenile & Minor Protection ordinance that restricts youth under 18 years of age from being out after 11pm. Visit the town website to view the ordinance in it’s entirety.
• Make sure children know how to dial 911 if they need help or have an emergency.
• Your child needs to wear a helmet on every bike ride, no matter how short or how close to home. Many bicycle accidents happen in driveways, on sidewalks, and on bike paths, not just on streets. Children learn best by observing you. Whenever you ride, put on your helmet. Children should never ride bicycles, skateboards, or scooters in or near traffic.
• When at parks, shopping malls and public events, be aware of the surroundings and keep children within eyesight. Indian Trail recently adopted an ordinance that prohibits loitering around businesses. Instruct your children not to block or restrict customer and pedestrian flow by congregating on sidewalks near the business entrances.
Enjoy Indian Trail,
Lt. Chase Coble
Union County Sheriff's Office
|Start time||: 2013-12-10 (18:30:00)|
|End time||: 2013-12-10 (20:30:00)|
|Where||: Indian Trail Civic Building, 100 Navajo Trail, Indian Trail 28079|
|Calendar||: Town Council Meetings|
|Start time||: 2013-12-12 (18:00:00)|
|End time||: 2013-12-12 (20:30:00)|
|Where||: Administration Building|
|Calendar||: Town Meetings|
|Start time||: 2013-12-17 (18:30:00)|
|End time||: 2013-12-17 (22:00:00)|
|Where||: Indian Trail Civic Building, 100 Navajo Trail, Indian Trail, 28079|
|Calendar||: Town Meetings|
|Description||: The Planning Board meets every 3rd Tuesday of the month. The public is welcome to attend.|